Tuesday 21 November 2017

A shifty individual

I've been in a bit of a painting slump of late. I've tried breaking through the block with some sculpting / pushing around of Green Stuff. More on that in the future.

I've got several miniatures lying around with varying numbers of layers of paint, but this is the only one I've managed to work up enough enthusiasm to paint. Relatively straightforward with no nasty hard-to-reach areas which I'm finding with the others. A bit cartoon-y compared to some of the other modern pulp miniatures I've done up over the last few months, but that just made the face more fun to paint. I won't complain at more caricature-lite minis on the market!

I think he's from Black Tree Designs who have a selection of unarmed miniatures, which I'm finding to be a bit of a rarity, or at least not as common as I'd like. I would love to hear folks' recommendations on ranges / companies with modern-ish male and female non(obvious)combatants.


Polo-neck jumpers are surely due their day in the sun again sometime soon, at which point this chap will once again be very sharply dressed. As things and fashions stand, he just looks like he's trying too hard.

Maybe that's what he wants me to think...

No comments:

Post a Comment